The Student Paper Contest (SPC) is held to identify and recognize outstanding technical contributions from individual students.
Student Paper Contest Submission and Review Requirements:
- All students wishing to participate in the contest are required to follow the regular SOLI 2018 paper submission process. Papers must be identified as SPC submissions by email Dr. Mei Sun at email@example.com
- To be considered for the SPC, the student must be a full-time student during the time the work was performed. Only ONE SPC submission per student is allowed. The student must be the ONLY student author and must be the FIRST author of the paper. The contribution from the other co-author(s) of the paper should be primarily advisory. The work should be presented by the student during the conference.
- SPC submissions are reviewed by the Technical Program Committee (TPC) using the same criteria as for all other SOLI 2018 paper submissions. Only those papers that (a) are selfidentified as SPC submissions by the author, and (b) meet the SPC criteria listed here are eligible to participate in the SPC. Shortlisted students will be selected and recommended by the TPC from the eligible SPC submissions.
- SPC shortlisted students will receive email notifications. Each shortlisted student must be registered for the conference and must attend and present his/her paper at the assigned SOLI 2018 session.
- Judging will be performed by a specially formed SPC committee of experts. The winners will be announced and awards will be presented to the winners.